Friday, August 03, 2012

welding

216:365

At 6 o'clock tonight there was one lone person still at our site. He was in the basement, on a ladder, welding. You could hear the noise and see smoke or steam rising, but otherwise there was no sign of him until he poked his head above the floor joists and waved to us.

Re-entry from vacation was a little difficult this week (although it was helped in part by finding Moose Drool at the grocery store), but not horrific. I love that I didn't mind going back to work. Having so much fun at my job, and making real, visible progress on many fronts. I've worked hard to make my new office inviting, and it seems to work as I regularly have monks, faculty, staff, oblates and parents dropping in to discuss various projects and ideas. The lemon drops and caramels I keep on my desk help, I'm sure.

Late in the day, I'm one of the few people left besides the contracted custodial staff. They're great, too, and I always have nice chats with Sandy, Gregg, Mark and Gary. But except for Sandy's vacuum or Mark's carpet cleaner, it's quiet.

It's just me and my welding, working away under the floor joists to help build something great. And it feels good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home