Friday, July 27, 2012

space

209:365

Blogger is still messed up, so I'm posting "manually" from my laptop tonight. It's an odd feeling, as I rarely ever post from a computer any more. It's been so easy to flip an image from the iPhone to the blog, and I've tapped out many, many paragraphs on the tiny keyboard that I've become pretty adept at it. Looks like it may be this way for awhile, though, as I've seen dozens of posts on the Blogger fora complaining about the system not working right now. On top of that, when I copy/pasted my missing posts earlier something went haywire. M and I checked that they went through okay, then off we went to dinner with our friends. Learned later that the images weren't showing up. Grrrr. I came back and downloaded the images from the iPhone, then uploaded to Blogger. This seems to have fixed that problem, but again requires many more steps than my former process. It's unreal how used to technology we become, and then how outraged we are when it doesn't work.

Anyway, we're wrapping up our trip. Tonight we're in Steamboat Springs, CO, and tomorrow we set out bright and early for Hays, KS. We had a nice afternoon here, although some rain sort of dampened things a bit. We were rewarded with the most awesome rainbow I've ever seen, so it was just fine.

Have been receiving text and e-mail updates from my dad and our architect on the progress on the house, which is awesome. They sent photos today of our finished foundation! It's wild to think that people are banging away at building our new home while we traipse across the American west. Can't wait to see it when we get back.

Mostly, though, I can't wait to see my Bug. It's been hard to be away from her for so long. We've gotten her so many cool little presents and I am looking forward to seeing her excitement. She's such a good kid...she never asks on our calls, "What did you buy me?" Essentially, she makes it very easy for us to want to buy things for her because she shows gratitude and appreciation. Love that about her.

Okay, I still need to upload the rest of today's photos, so I'm signing off for now. More tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home