Thursday, August 02, 2012

lumber

215:365

Wood delivered to the site today. And steel and other building materials. I walked over and picked my way around the fence and supplies and mud and rock...and was immediately approached by who I can only assume is my lead carpenter. He introduced himself with a thick Irish name and a thicker Irish brogue and I thought it was damn cool that I have a carpenter from the motherland building my house.

Steel installed today, along with what I assume are a few floor joists. Can't wait to watch the progress now. It's a strange feeling to look at the foundation and know exactly what every part is, where every room goes, and all the thinking behind every square inch.

I suspect many of my POTDs will be building supplies or construction progress for while. I apologize in advance and promise to strive for at least a little variation. It's just kind of a big thing in my life right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home