Friday, June 15, 2012

bare

167:365

Well, I've certainly hit the ground running in my new job. It feels good to be a productive, contributing member of a team again. The days have been getting progressively more crazy, and I've loved every minute. Lots and lots of good work to be done, and my colleagues already seem to trust and respect my recommendations.

I walked (trotted, really) around campus so much today that my feet were revolting near the end. I clearly did not select appropriate footwear this morning. This afternoon I moved into my new office with fresh paint on the walls and 2-day-old carpet, and kicked off the adorable flats that are absolutely not up to the task of running around. I didn't even think about it...just reflex while I continued to work.

After awhile I sat back to stretch and realized that I'm already more comfortable and happier at work than I was in the last year at my old job. I'm connected, in the middle of things, and busy. I have been told I am already making a difference, and many people have said, "I am glad you are here." It is all just so good.

And the monks are unbelievably cool. They are amazing. It's not like working for my old boss, where I had to carefully calculate every statement, craft every message, play his BS political games. With the monks, and everyone else there for that matter, I've just been me. Bare feet and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home