Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Shake it, shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture

You may have noticed there's a different look and feel to the last two photographs I posted. That's thanks to my new iPhone. Well, specifically, an app that I downloaded for the iPhone called ShakeItPhoto. This is the coolest app, and seeing someone else's work with it is what really gave me the bug to want this phone. That was a few months ago, but my darling (and wise!) husband said, "Hey, aren't there rumblings that Apple is doing a major upgrade on the new phone? Why don't you just wait?" Granted, his reasoning was that with the new phone, I'd be able to pick up the old version for way less. We all know that doesn't really fly, does it? We told cousins Ryan and Michelle that story and Ryan summed it up. "Dude. You know she's not gettin' the old phone."

Anyway.

ShakeItPhoto allows you to take your iPhone's images (captured by the small but mighty 5MP camera on the phone) and convert them into digital Polaroids. You can either shoot directly with the Polaroid, or take existing images and transform them. Your Polaroid slides down the screen just like the original film plates were ejected from the cameras, making the same noise. Then you shake your phone to "develop" the image. How fun is that?

So much fun that I can't stop. Really. This is getting pathetic. I'm going to get carpal tunnel from shaking my phone.

The work I'm producing with this is so radically different than what I usually do (nice crisp images with good lighting) that I'm considering creating a second blog just for the Polaroid shots. The only things holding me back are a.) I don't really have time to update the one blog I have now and b.) I'm so crazy over the new style that I fear my current blog would go photo-free for quite a while until I get over my torrid affair with new technology.

I think I'll just stay put for awhile and ya'all will just have to bear with me and my digital Polaroids.

(No, I'm not retiring the Nikon. No way, no how. That D300 is the best piece of equipment I have ever owned and can capture way more than an iPhone camera ever will. There is a time and a place for both. I'm just having fun playing with something new and different for a bit.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home