Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Holy schmoly!


I didn't take this one today, but it reminded me of today, and so I'm using it today.

Last night, as Zoe was being tucked into bed while wearing her brand new underwear, she exclaimed, "Holy schmoly!  These new underpants are comfortable and huge!"

I Facebooked it (I rarely FB anything) because I thought it was hilarious.  But then I realized that I needed to document it here, too, because this is really the running journal of our lives.

M home day after tomorrow.  Finally.  Tonight's the first night we really missed each other.  We tried calling him around 6 our time, which is past midnight his time, and he claimed he was in a "meeting."  Apparently in England "meeting" = "pub."  Anyway, I guess when he tried to call us back it went to voicemail.  I called him again later and woke him up (oops) and he said he left us a message.  I've checked the phone a billion times and not only is there no message, there's not even a missed call.  Damn.

While I know we've been extraordinarily lucky in that we've gotten to talk every day, even if just for a couple minutes, I'm still upset that we missed each other tonight.  Ah, well, tomorrow's another day...and in fact, it's already tomorrow where M is.  So, in M's time zone, he'll be home tomorrow.

Yeah.

I'm tired.

Going to bed now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you take 15 guys from Europe and South Africa out for dinner, yeah, I kinda needed to give them my attention. Given what it cost, it was definitely a meeting. Course, when I saw you call 4 times in the span of 2 minutes, I thought the world might be cracking in half...so I picked up the fourth one.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Uh huh. Sure. Guys from Europe and South Africa. La-di-da. Well, WE went to Steak 'n Shake for a MEETING with Kaitlyn and Carrie, and we STILL managed to find time to call you.

We didn't know we were calling four times in two minutes. Our end of the line sounded like it wasn't going through, so we'd hang up and call again. Stupid trans-Atlantic calls.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home