Thursday, May 06, 2010

Muffins and stones and honors, oh my

Big day today, for me.

First thing this morning, Zozer and I had "Muffins with Mom" at her school.  I walked in to find a wrapped package adorned with a flower pin.  The flower pin is constructed of foam shapes that Zoe glued together, and her little picture is in the center.  I'd have been perfectly happy with that, but then I got to unwrap the package.   She made me this:
How adorable is that?  She told me, "Mommy...I used lots of green jewels because I know green is your favorite color."  Then she pointed to the purple stone in the lower right corner.  "This one's for me, because I like purple."
We had our muffins together, and an apple, and I had to laugh at her choosing to dip her apple slices into her apple juice.  Were the slices not appley enough?  Anyway, it was a perfect start to the day, and I loved every minute of it.

Then, tonight, M and I were inducted into the national honor society for business students, Delta Mu Delta.  It's supposed to be a pretty dang big deal because grad students must have a 3.97 GPA to be invited.  M calculated it out...that means that, at the very worst, you have to earn all As and one B+.  Anything lower than that and you're not eligible.  Our 4.0s made us shoo-ins, naturally.

Dean Benjamin Ola Akande gave our keynote.  The man is so freakin' way cool.  We had the pleasure of speaking with him for a few moments during the reception after the ceremony.  He's the kind of person I'd like to take to dinner, because I know the conversation would be interesting and varied.  Plus he has that awesome Nigerian accent and tweets like a mofo.  Listening to him speak, and talking to him afterwards, I've never felt more proud to be a Webster University graduate.  Correction: Webster University George Herbert Walker School of Business and Technology graduate.  That renaming of the B school just happened recently, like, within the last couple weeks, and they've already got the new name everywhere.  He was there, too, by the way.  George Herbert Walker.  Another cool guy, and another one I'd like to buy a beer.  So, all in all, it was a wonderful evening.  Here's M with Dr. Akande after the ceremony:
A big day indeed.  And tiring.  So it's off to bed for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home