Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hey, look, it's Nashua!

Okay, I got my states mixed up. Hell, they're all so small and crammed together up here that it's no wonder.  Today I hit clinics in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.  For a Midwest girl, that's a wonder confined only to road trips with sparing potty breaks.  I think we're going to Connecticut tomorrow, but don't hold me to it.

Question: what sadistic nitwit designed my hotel room?  Whoever it was should be shot, drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered, etc.  Who in the hell thinks it's a great idea to put a giant vanity-to-ceiling mirror directly across from the shower?  I mean, really.  SO not something I need to see first thing in the morning.  Especially before coffee.  As if that's not bad enough, a full-length dressing mirror was installed right across from the bathroom, so unless you close the bathroom door when you're doing your, ahem, business, you get another fantastic view.  I dunno.  Maybe you all close the door when you use the bathroom even when you're alone.  Me?  I'm big into efficiency and if no one else is around, I don't bother with doors.  Until now.  Sigh.

Either way, I'm gettin' some new views when I really, really don't want them.

Ate at another great restaurant tonight - I love going to local places with people who know and swear by the food.  Awesome.

So, highlights of the day: Nashua, NH (as mentioned many times in The West Wing, which is only the greatest show ever) and eating at 3.  And meeting the staff of a wonderful little clinic in Nashua, including the vet's wife who told me about how they were nursing a parrot and took him home for awhile.  She positioned the bird so that she'd have to walk by the cage many times a day.  Every time she walked by, she said, "Dr. Phenix is a great vet."  Sure enough, the parrot learned it and took it home to its owners who thought, of course, that it was hilarious.  The woman is a marketing genius.

Lowlights of the day: catching unwanted glimpses of oneself in various states of dress (or undress, rather), when one least expects it.  Stupid mirrors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home