Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yesterday = looooooong day

Many apologies for not posting last night.  Being up since 3:30 a.m. and not getting to the hotel until 8:20 p.m. made for a very tired girl.  I landed around lunchtime here, so we grabbed a quick bite at Panera (love you, Stef!) and then started hitting clinics.  Visited about four before heading to dinner with a prominent local vet who has his own radio show and would like to start featuring us about once a month.  The dinner was wonderful (we ate here)...being on the east coast I had to get seafood.  Rare, rare yellow fin tuna (is it still flippin'?  good.) with a wasasbi mayo sauce on the side.  Yummy.  My fillet was absolutely huge.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around how big the whole fish would have been.  Conversation was great...it was a good way to spend two and a half hours, but man, I was freakin' exhausted by the end of it.

My hotel is lovely.  My view is the airport, which sounds horrible except that there are no flights at night (save for the 8:45 take-off over my hotel that scared the bejeezus out of me).  I slept soundly and feel rested and ready to go this morning.

Which is a good thing since my rep is on her way to pick me up and we have another full day planned.  Yesterday was Rhode Island.  Today is Connecticut.  Tomorrow is Vermont.  I love the idea of visiting three states I've never been to in one three-day trip.

Popped off only a couple shots yesterday of a local dive.  The name is too good to just post here, so you'll have to wait until I get home and can get the images up.  My rep thinks I'm "adorable" for bringing my camera, which is far better than her being annoyed so I'll take it.

Well, she'll be here soon and I need to check some e-mail, so I'll sign off until tonight.  Hopefully I'll have more energy to post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Mikolajczak said...

I am so jealous of the three states you are visiting. I have such romantic visions of the east coast in my head.
One day, I'll get there.

enjoy!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home