Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tickle fight

Tonight, my little family hung out together and played Elefun, which, after several rounds, evolved into the most fun tickle fight we've ever had. At one point, we were all tangled up in each other and I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

And now it's raining. I love it when it rains at night. It reminds me how thankful I am for a roof over our heads, and comfortable beds, and all of us together. My gratitude list is miles long tonight. Katie and Shawn brought baby Emma home from the hospital today. My job is peaceful. My laundry is almost done. My hubby cooked an awesome pork tenderloin and I made smashed potatoes for dinner. I have dandelions going to seed in the flower pillow on my kitchen window sill. I'm hanging out with my Soul Sisters tomorrow night.

And a conversation with the receptionist/graphic designer at my work is still cracking me up. The girl is way young, like 12, and there's a reason she's a receptionist first and a graphic designer second, bless her little heart. I reviewed a design project with her today and told her that I'd be sending her copy in a few minutes. "Copy?" She asked, "Like, wordage?" Most of you dear readers aren't designers or writers, so I realize this might not be as funny for you as it was for me. But someone who is, by her very training, a graphic designer, should know what copy is. It's text. Verbiage. Those lettery-word things that go between the pretty pictures. Wordage? Okay, that's ranking right up there with "strategery" for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ping said...

Strategery...my most favorite word! We need a Pinglunch soon so I can get caught up on all your goings on

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home