Monday, June 01, 2009

New beginnings

Kinda.

Well, more than kinda, really.
M and I are back to work today (he went back to only 447 e-mails - bonus!), and we hit the books last night since we started new classes this past weekend. Four chapters in Business Law and three in Managerial Economics. Lots and lots of reading and writing this term, but little to no math so I'm happy.

Today, though, was a big day for Zozer. As of Friday, she is no longer in the Elephant Room at her preschool and is now in the Bunny Room. They did all sorts of transition stuff last week, and when we arrived this morning her cubby (or her "covey" as she calls it) and her mailbox were all set up with her name and her picture. She knew she was going to the Bunny Room, and she knew that lots of her friends are going with her (Jed, Caitlyn, Drew, Tony, among others). M and I both went this morning to meet her new teachers and introduce ourselves, get the lay of the land, etc. Everything was fine until we went to leave.

Tears. Lots and lots of tears. She turned on the faucets, and I eventually had to peel her off me, hand her to her new teacher and leave. Listening to the cries as I walked down the hall, heart shattering in a million little pieces and my own eyes welling up.

Sigh.

And, the teachers in her new classroom don't believe in that new-fangled technology of web sites and digital cameras, so I can't even do my usual 2 p.m. check-in to see what she's been up to and that she's still in one piece.

I know that she was probably fine before we even made it back to the cars, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Other than that, I'm still on my vacation high, and keep shaking my head when thinking back on all the really cool stuff we got to do/see, and the wonderful people we got to meet. I must say, on the whole, we photographers are pretty neat folks.

I have so many images from our trip that I don't even know when I'll get a chance to work on them and post them here. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze some in here and there between homework.

I tried to do some editing on the train back home, but we had some pretty rough track and it was too hard to do anything detailed. And too frustrating to do even basic stuff (levels, cropping) after a few minutes. I got a couple images done, though, so here's one. What's not to love about Yosemite?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home