Sunday, May 17, 2009

Congraduations

Yesterday, two very special people graduated with Bachelor degrees. Hats off (or would it be mortar boards off?!) to Martin James Winkler and Cristina Garcilaso.

While I wasn't able to attend Cris's graduation (or her, um, "surprise" party), my thoughts and best wishes are with her. Way to go, girl! Cris earned a Bachelor of Social Work, all while being very active in her church and raising four children with her husband, Scott.

We did make the drive out to old Como (that's Columbia, Missouri for you out-of-staters not familliar with Missoura lingo) to watch Marty walk. It was very cool, although I was reminded that it's been 13 freakin' years since I made the same walk.

So, here are a few images from the graduation of Martin James Winkler, Bachelor of Journalism (Radio-Television emphasis). There are a couple of photographs in particular that I feel represent the erudite graduate and his equally distinguished family. Befitting of what The World's Finest School of Journalism churns out, I think. And I should know, being a graduate myself.

Do you think he'll do this on TV?

"Mommy, it was loud at Mizzou."
"Wait til you go to your first football game, sweetie."
M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy! By the way, I WAS very surprised. The Conquistador says "Hi"!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home