Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Questions

The homepage of MSNBC has this headline:

Martha Stewart's dog dies of renal failure

Really? Seriously? That's news?

Look, I'm sure that's big news to Martha and her family. It's enormous when you lose a pet. The day I went, with my mom and my husband, to put my beloved golden retriever down was one of the hardest days of my life. However, I did not expect CNN to cover it. Granted, I'm no Martha Stewart (thankfully, although I would like to have her bank account), but I didn't even expect The St. Louis Post-Dispatch or Suburban Journals to cover it.

What on earth have we sunk to, as a nation, to broadcast the death of a celebrity's pet as news? And what does that say about how we value other information, like the war in Iraq, the global warming issue, the presidential election?

And why on God's green earth is some asshole in my neighborhood powerwashing at 10 o'clock at night?

I'm full of questions this evening, I am. And not good ones.

Although I did finish my statistics homework for the week, which makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home