Monday, November 05, 2007

zoom zoom zoom

Once, when I was in high school, I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and thought it was time to go to school. I got up, showered, dressed, did my hair and make-up, and only then realized that it was nowhere near time to go to school.

This morning, I got up and, in the dark like I do every morning, pulled on my workout clothes. I took out my retainers and put them in their glass with the denture cleaner. Put in some eye drops, and headed out into the hallway. As I pulled the bedroom door quietly closed, some part of my brain woke up and said, "Wait...did that clock say 2:15?!"

Yup.

I woke up again at 3:20, and again at 4:40. I didn't get up either of those times, as the now awake part of my brain was keeping tabs on the other part and told it to shut up and go back to sleep.

I haven't been sleeping well lately anyway, and unnecessary nightly mental battles like that don't help matters.

My solution is to try to go to bed earlier, as I think I've been staying up too late. It's like when Zoe goes past her bedtime and gets that second wind...we call it The Zoomies when the cats do it, and now our two-year-old does the same thing: manic running through the house. Anyway, I think I've been staying up too late and my brain gets The Zoomies and then I'm pretty well jacked for the rest of the night.

So, on that note, I'm signing off for the night, to sit on the couch and get a couple cat scans (Papa's term for when cats lay on their humans) and retire at a reasonable hour. Like 9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home