Sunday, January 07, 2007

Hello Shoes, Goodbye Lights

Today was devoted to Bridal Beano, for the most part. We had a blast, being sisterly and all. First up: new blouses for the upcoming Bridal Beano Bridal Shower, Bridal Beano Bachelorette Party, and Bridal Beano Rehearsal Dinner. Then, new shoes for Bridal Beano (to be used at aforementioned events) and for the Maid of Honor, yours truly, to wear with her Bridesmaid Dress. Found an absolutely darling pair, pictured here:
Just to clarify, my pair of shoes are both black, not mixed as the image above shows. Can't find a shot of two black ones on the 'net, so this is what you get. Anyway, they are pretty comfortable, and with a bit of bling, so I'm happy. I should clarify: they were pretty comfortable for the few moments I walked around the shoe department at Macy's in them, but it will probably be a different story the night of the wedding. Not to worry, though, I'll be bringing my new red Crocs to the reception with me to dance the night away.

Bridal Beano and I then headed back to the house where we worked on the attendance gifts. I can't tell you what they are because then you would know and that would ruin the surprise. Suffice it to say we sat across my dining room table from each other and worked for awhile, I don't know how long, because it went by way too fast. It did for me, anyway, as I was having a great time just being with my sister. I can't speak for Bridal Beano, but I hope she had as much fun as I did.

She bolted before dinner, though, and I think I know the reason: twice now she's been served mashed potatoes here that didn't have enough butter. I'm thinking she wasn't going to hang around and find out if we'd do that to her a third time. Smart girl: since M does the cooking, and he's Mr. Healthypants, I can't guarantee anything as far as butter is concerned.

This weekend was pretty laid back, all in all. The ornaments are off the tree, but we left the lights on it so we could shoot The Display (both still and video) tonight. After 11:31 p.m., the lights will be off until next Christmas. I would like to voice my opinion here and say that they should be on for another week, especially since we were sidelined by Ameren at the beginning of the season, but M says "no can do" and is determined to turn them off tonight for good. I don't know why he, who worked for months to plan it and then weeks to install it, should get to be the deciding voice, but so be it.

We successfully shot the display tonight, with sound, and I hope to be able to figure out in a reasonable amount of time how to post the video on here. I know it's possible, as I've seen video clips on other blogs, but I've never done it myself. Should be an exercise in total frustration before I'm through, but I'll work on it.

Tonight: laundry, taking the lights off the tree and the tree off the trainboard, and possibly screwing around with iMovie on the Mac. May not sound like anything exciting, but it's comfortable in it's routineness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home