Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Put a fork in me; I'm done.

So dawns another day, and hopefully things will get better. Because we can't take much more of them getting worse!

Aunt Sharon held her own through the night, which is a miracle. She's in sort of a limbo state, I guess you could say. If she survives, she'll be on dialysis (they had to remove a "dead" kidney) and something else...I can't remember the name.

Aunt Sharon and Uncle Bill have been together since she was 15, and she's now in her early-mid sixties. Basically, she's been around a loooong time, and is very loved. I can't imagine how those closer to her are coping with this.

Can't get into my Yahoo mail account, so if any of ya'all have e-mailed me, sorry for not responding. Hopefully Yahoo will fix it soon so I can check.

Back at work, which is a refreshing change of pace from the wake and funeral, but stressful in that I have a couple-two-three key events going on in the next week. And we're supposed to relax this weekend. Not sure when I'm gonna pack, but I guess I'll fit it in sometime. Who needs sleep, anyway?!

Grammy and Papa are exhausted, M is beat, Beans is drained, and I'm runnin' on fumes. When it rains, it pours, and baby, it's a torrential downpour right now.

There are some bright spots:
1. Zozo. 'Nuf said.
2. My events at work are all planned; all I have to do is execute.
3. I am surrounded by family and friends who love and support me.
4. Came in today to a fax addressed to me but mutilating my last name. It happens all the time, and the variations always crack me up.
5. I got to write and send a nastygram to an external person this morning, AND copy her boss on it. Yeah! Don't {insert f-bomb here} with me today.

That's all I got for this morning. I have a management meeting over lunch (Caesar salad...yummy!) so I won't be blogging again until tonight. Perhaps I should pack instead of blog...hmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home