Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spring clean continues...


I have been on an absolute tear with cleaning things out. I pulled the trigger and purchased Adobe CS6, which means I'll be able to use my iMac again to edit photos and create layouts; my ancient version of CS no longer worked on the new operating system on my iMac. My Adobe version was CS. No number behind it, so I guess you could technically call it CS1. It was ancient. I think it was rolled out about the time those punkass settlers decided to make 'Murica independent.

Because this software is coming (it's on its way...already shipped, thank you B&H Photo!) I felt comfortable transferring all those personal files onto the iMac. I also cleaned up the iMac quite a bit, as I had files scattered everywhere. Lots of dupes, which does nothing but take up space on the hard drive and confuse the hell out of me when I'm looking for something.

There is still a shitload of work to do, but I've made a huge dent in getting everything ported over and somewhat organized tonight.

Given all the crap that is going on at work, it makes me feel better that there is something I can control. I've been cleaning up my file system there, too, archiving huge design files onto an external drive and freeing up space on the Macbook. This makes it easier to find things, and the whole computer runs faster.

None of this is creative work, but it makes me feel so much better that I'm positive it will eventually lead to creativity. I can't work when my space is cluttered, whether that space is physical or virtual or even mental.

I love spring. Fresh start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home