Friday, April 11, 2014

pop

101:365

I'm on retreat at the Abbey this weekend, with a group of women discerning a call to oblation.

We prayed Compline with the monks, and then chatted and enjoyed wine and cheese and crackers. Now it's early to bed as Vigils is at 6:10 a.m.

I am so excited to be staying in the guest wing of "my" monastery. The whole weekend will be wonderful, and I'm thrilled to have this experience. M took Zozo up to Iowa for a special train ride with the Easter Bunny. The train and coach are vintage, and part of me so wishes I were there with them. At the same time, I love that they are creating daddy-daughter memories. (They took the Corvette. I'm not entirely pleased by that, as the passenger seat in that car is expressly mine, but I suppose if another female's butt will be planted there, it's good that it's our daughter's!)

My first surprise for the weekend was when I pulled back the sheets to climb into bed. Rainbow! The monks wear all black habits, so this pop of color both surprised and delighted me. Cute! (I so love my monks.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home