Saturday, January 12, 2013

date night

12:365

Zoe and M went to dinner and their first Girl Scout Daddy/Daughter Dance tonight. As her troop leader, I worked the event and got to watch them dance between fulfilling my duties of making more pink lemonade and refilling the cheese balls and Oreos.

It was awesome to see how much fun they both had, and my cheeks hurt from smiling. They danced the night away, both fast and slow songs. She loved grooving to LMFAO and Carly Rae Jepsen and Katy Perry and Psy, and at the end of the night the DJ finally threw a bone to the fathers and played Journey. It was all very sweet, and once again I realized that some things are worth mopping up spilled lemonade and picking up crushed pretzels and M&Ms. I was so happy to be there, and happy that they had such a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home