Sunday, September 23, 2012

humbled

267:365

I returned from my retreat today with a whole new outlook. Everything is in order, and I have the right priorities. It is good.

We returned for 11 am mass, our families packing the pews to welcome us home and celebrate with us. At the end of mass, the women of my retreat went up to the front of church to stand in front of the altar and our loved ones and sing.

A friend tapped my shoulder and pointed out to the crowd, "A monk is here. Father Augustine is here!" It took me a minute to find him in the crowd, and when I did I nearly fell over. Sure enough, one of "my monks" was out there, in the back pew. When he saw my look of surprise he grinned at me, and I burst into tears (one of countless times this weekend).

After mass we found him, and I couldn't believe it when he said that he was there FOR ME. No one else. He came to MY church to welcome ME home from my retreat. Then he gave me a small silver box with a seal. It contained an absolutely beautiful white jade Benedictine rosary he made, and blessed, just for me.

My blessings abound. I am overwhelmed with love, and graced with more support than I could ever need.

I am humbled, and very, very grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home