Monday, September 17, 2012

time

261:365

Father Gregory wound his grandfather's grandfather clock, and I learned that it's an eight-day clock so he comes over only once a week to wind it.

Before today, I didn't know about eight-day clocks.

M left this evening for another trip, and while I was of course upset to see him go, I'm strangely at peace this time. Maybe because it's the end of this six-week stint. Maybe because my personal obligations have settled down and I feel less hectic. Maybe because I'm working in a pretty good groove at work now, instead of trying to play catch-up in learning everything. Maybe it's because I go on retreat at the end of this week and I'm really excited about it. Maybe it's because the monks have been teaching me how to pray. (Seriously, there's a whole lot more to it than what I thought. New worlds are in front of me that I had no clue existed - it's pretty cool.)

Most likely it's a combination of all those things.

It's about time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home