Monday, September 03, 2012

drive

247:365

Up early this morning in Chicago, thinking about what I needed to get done. So I got up and did some volunteer newsletter work while waiting for Zozer to arise. Once she did, I finished packing and we loaded the car before breakfast. A long ride later, we were home. Finished the newsletter (whew! I love crossing that off my to-do list each month as it takes a good 8 to 12 hours of time to complete), and started laundry. Got Zoe fed and bathed, and it was when I started unpacking that I realized we hadn't taken time this weekend to go through her classroom Birthday Bag, which is loaned out for each child's birthday and which involves two books to read and a journal to record birthday events. It is to be returned tomorrow. Well, shit. So we sat down and read the two books, and came up with a plan for her journal entry that she will complete after breakfast tomorrow.

After she went to bed I paid my missed Illinois tolls (I abhor you f*cking Illinois toll system. Highway robbery!), emptied trashcans, cleaned the litterbox and continued laundry. My proofer found an error in the newsletter, so I corrected, re-PDFd (and merged with an addendum PDF) and re-sent. Zoe's flowers are in water, the cats are fed and watered (and their weekend mess cleaned up - extra bowls of food and water set out since we were gone), and email is relatively caught up.

I need to finish unpacking, and finish the laundry, but other than that I think I might be done for the night. And it's only 9:45! It feels like a vacation night!

What on earth could I do with all this extra time?

I will, most likely, fall asleep on the couch whilst waiting for the dryer buzzer to go off. Party animal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home