Monday, June 25, 2012

hold your horses

177:365

Saw this idyllic scene with horses backlit by a beautiful sunrise on my morning walk. This was before my day was blown to hell. Although by this point I was aware that the crumbling of my day was not only possible, it was highly probable. At 2 am, unable to sleep, I had reviewed the settlement statement our incompetent loan officer emailed me at 6:21 pm on Friday. Wanted to be prepared for today's closing, be ready to get the cashier's check for the title company.

Which is when I found the enormous error made by aforementioned incompetent loan officer. It was huge. I cannot stress this enough. Ask me about it someday, when it's been long enough that I might be able to laugh about it.

This is a great way to stay awake the rest of the night/early morning.

After hours and hours of phone calls (pleading, begging, threatening, crying) and a few other insane developments, plus prayers to Saint Benedict and Saint Joseph (the former because I work for and adore his monks, the second because he was a carpenter and therefore, logically, most likely the patron saint of construction loans)...

we closed on our construction loan.

Whew.

My goal now is twofold: build our new home as soon as humanly possible, and never, ever speak to the loan officer again.

I predict much success on both counts.

Fully exhausted and drained. Ready to sleep soundly this evening. Good good GOOD night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home