Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Restored


I'm seeing images everywhere again.  This is refreshing, and a relief.  I'm reading a book called Why People Photograph, and just last night I read an essay that discussed artists losing their way, and those who get so lost they never make it back.  That is one of my biggest fears.  I go through dormant periods like anyone, but at those times I become passionately afraid that the dormancy will last forever and my gear will grow dusty, and someday I will have to just throw it all out (because digital gear, as we all know, goes vintage about 30 seconds after you pay for it).  And when that happens there will be a giant hole in who I am.  And how on earth would I fill that?  It's been a part of my life for so long now, is there anything that could even replace it?  Thinking about this gives me the willies.

But it's back now, which means I haven't lost it yet, and for that I'm grateful.  It's back just in time for me to capture Zoe's new experiences of kindergarten and soccer, and my nephew's football games (at which the above was taken...my niece ambling down the bleachers while looking for her brother on the field).  It's back just in time for me to really experience Camp Shutter Sisters, which is a month away.  It's back just in time for me to stop worrying already, and just shoot.

I once was lost, but now am found.  Was blind, but now I see.
-John Newton

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Corinna said...

I'm counting on Camp to be EXTREMELY inspiring. Hurrah!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I know...I can't wait! Every time I think about it, I start wiggling in my chair like a little kid.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home