Thursday, June 30, 2011

Get over it

I'm sitting in the auto mechanic waiting room while the Zoemobile is being inspected.  Nothing like waiting until the last day of the month to get my license plates renewed, but whatever.

Being the multi-tasker that I am, I have my trusty Macbook out, and my smart phone, and I'm happily continuing to work just as if I were sitting in my office.  God bless wi-fi.

A couple minutes into a phone call with one of my Kansas colleagues, an old bag gimps in, sits in the chair closest to me, and turns her attention to the TV.  Which, at the moment, features the Casey Anthony trial and specifically, what is involved in smelling something foul in the trunk of a car.

The old lady proceeds to get royally pissed at me for being on the phone.  I am not a loud talker on the phone.  In fact, I tend to speak more quietly on my cell than on a normal phone, just because I'm hyper-aware of loud mobile users.  And I can't stand them.  M gets hacked at me regularly because he can't hear me.  So it's not like I'm screaming, "Hey, yeah, let's go ahead and use that graphic for the front of the new employee handbook, YO!"

She sits there and huffs, and puffs, and shifts, and gives me nasty looks.

Gee, lady, I'm sorry I'm interrupting your riveting courtroom drama where they've repeated the same damn thing 15 times since I got here 30 minutes ago.  About something that is none of your damn business anyway.  Sorry I'm trying to get some actual work done and be a productive member of society.

/end rant

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home