Thursday, May 26, 2011

My muse

It has been far too long since I've studied my muse through a lens.  Don't get me wrong...I photograph her nearly every day, at least with the iPhone.  I just haven't been fully engaged lately.  (Which ya'all have been reading me whine about.)  (I apologize for that.  I sincerely do.)  Most of my iPhone snaps of her are grab shots around her school.  Lots of posed mugs to send to her daddy.  She knows the routine now, which is to stand here, here, or here, and smile.  It's not good for either of us, now that I think about it. Completely the wrong way to capture her effervescence. 
Well, I'm back.  I finally feel like me again.  At first I could hear the whispers.  Then they grew louder.  I wandered into the darkroom the other night, loaded images from the Nikon to the iMac from over a month ago, started some music, and took a look.

And just like that: home.  My writing came back.  My desire to look for images everywhere.  My joy.

This is the little face I see more often than not.  Sheer happiness.  I get the distinct impression that she's truly enjoying her life, and I'm pleased and proud that I am part of making it that way. 


 It's good to be back.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Zlatic said...

Can't wait to see that smile in-person again.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home