Wednesday, December 16, 2009

O Christmas Tree

Yup. That's our Christmas tree. We purchased a base for the tree this year that rotates the entire tree, slowly, allowing you to see all sides. For the first time, we put all our ornaments on the tree, and even bought an extra strand of C9 LED lights. Since my brain is now unencumbered by terms like "market capitalization," I can think of things like, "Hey, wouldn't it be sweet to slow the shutter waaaaaay down and get some wicked blur with those lights?" And since I don't have to spend my evenings typing term papers, I could take the camera and tripod in the library and set up long-ass shutter speeds and play. Yes, boys and girls, this is what we call photographic fun.

The result is above. Shutter speed: 20 seconds. I think it's pretty cool, although I'm bothered by the gaping black hole near the top where apparently I forgot to drape any lights at all. I'm not, however, bothered enough to try to fix it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home