Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Nikon mug has no shutter

It's really quite sad when the extent of my photography has come to drinking my coffee from a mug emblazoned with the Nikon logo. Not quite the same as holding an actual Nikon, but at this point I will take whatever I can get.

We are nearing The End. Which, in our case, really does symbolize The Beginning. The Beginning of getting our life back.

I was thinking back recently to The Time Before Grad School, and what that was like. I remember feeling stressed out because I was busy. "Oh, honey, you have no idea what busy looks like!" I tell my unaware, innocent self. "Giiiiiirl...you just wait!"

I plan to be busy with my post-master self. Ha! I made a funny! Look at that. Post-master. Postmaster.

Okay, so my brain is fried. It's been two years. It's going to take some time to restore that segment of the brain that knows true humor and relaxation.

Anyway, I do plan to stay busy. I see nothing on TV that beckons, and a house full of projects that has been back-burnered for two years. I see files and files of images to edit. I see new things to shoot. I see a sad, pathetic blog that has been largely neglected. But none of these will come with a deadline or a grade, and will not require me to sacrifice time with friends and family.

M and I are working ahead as much as possible, trying to beat that Dec. 18 deadline. We want to be done already. We want The End to come early, because that means The Beginning starts early. We're working on our final paper today, and then we have to complete our group project, do our individual project and take our final. It sounds like a lot, but in the grand scheme of things - namely all the work we've done for two years - it's not much.

There is light at the end of the tunnel! (I just hope it's not a train coming.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home