Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Zoe Games

Zoe has been playing a game in the car, where she holds out a certain number of fingers and asks me to remember (guess, actually, but she calls it remember) how many she has. I don't have the rearview mirror tilted to where I can see her, so it really is a guessing game. She gets a big kick out of it, so I play along.

Tonight, we had this conversation on the way home.

"Mommy, remember how many fingers I have."
"Five."
"No."
"Four."
"No."
(This continues on until I have named every number between 1 and 10.)
"I give up, Zo."
"Well, Mommy, guess."
"I don't know, Zo. Just tell me."
"None!" and she's so pleased that she's tricked Mommy.

Then she says, "Hey Mommy. Remember how many fingers I have now. Hold on, I need to count them."

I started smiling, because I knew exactly what was coming next. And I was right.

"One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Okay, Mommy. Guess!"

Um, eight?

This reminds of when we play I Spy, which she loves to do. Typically, when it's her turn to spy, it goes like this:

"I spy with my little eye...something green!"

(At this point all I have to do is look where she's looking and it's a dead give-away, but I play along.)

"Ummmm, that car?"

"No, that's green, but that's not what I'm thinking of. Would you like a little hint? I will give you a hint. It's the grass!"

I'm not sure how to explain to her that a hint is not coming right out with the answer, and I don't know that I want to just yet as it's adorable as hell when she's so proud for giving a hint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home