Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Word of the Day

"Sometimes, when I'm at school, I say 'butthead.'"

How would you respond if your adorable little nearly-four-year-old girl looks at you in all seriousness and offers up this confession?

Well, if you're me, you nearly have a stroke trying to keep yourself from laughing out loud. Then you send her into the kitchen to tell her father while you convulse with laughter whilst hiding behind the couch.

We managed to pull ourselves together enough to tell her with some semblance of seriousness to please not say that anymore.

Then, out of sheer curiousity, I asked her who taught her that word.

"Hootie."


I know people always say that kids don't come with an instruction manual. I'm kinda glad they don't. Life is much more fun this way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose that Dan's forbidden list has now been increased from 3 to 4. You could call it the 'Zoe (or Hootie) corollary'.

Dad & Mom

p.s. And, yes, there are no instruction manuals; they continue to be inventive, such as "I'm trying to be independent...."

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home