Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday snaps

Shot quite a bit Sunday, mostly of Zozer playing in the backyard. Not much good came of it...some days you just strike out. I got the above, which is the only decent one of the lot. And below, which I just think is cute because it shows her adorable little hands. I love Zozer's fingers and toes. Or fingers and piggies, as I'm sure she would correct me.

It's always a good day when you end up with a ton of sidewalk chalk on your hands.

We should be rounding up our classes for this term in the next couple days. I wish I had energy to finish them up early, but I just can't bring myself to "work ahead" any more. This was our most difficult term by far - we worked almost every single night. I think the more we worked, the later we stayed up, refusing to go to bed until we did something fun. Hence, not a lot of sleep this term. But pretty productive as far as photography and blogging goes, for me at least! I have so many ideas for photography projects for after I graduate. It's almost torture to have to wait until 2010 to get started on them. M, I'm sure, feels the same way about Christmas.

I'm thoroughly convinced that difficult times exist almost solely to show you how good the good times really are. After all, without difficulty, how would we ever really know what good is? How could we ever appreciate it? Two years of grad school are what I would consider difficult, if only because we were working and raising a child and doing all the other, normal parts of life like paying bills and attending to family obligations and weddings and funerals and dealing with car repairs and the like. We thought we had a full life before! Now that I have something to compare it to, my life was not full before. In fact, I'm embarrassed to admit just how much of it I wasted.

If nothing else, grad school has served as a wake-up call on how I really want to live my life. Now that's worth more than two years and forty grand, don't you think? Plus, there's all that extra knowledge-stuff, too. Knowledge is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home