Saturday, July 18, 2009

Worldwide Photowalk - In Color

When I was in Schiller's a couple weeks ago picking up a print, I saw a flyer tacked to the wall. It was for something called the Worldwide Photowalk. I googled it later to see what it was about. Turns out it's a chance for anyone who likes to make photographs to all get together on the same day, at different locations around the world, and just shoot for a couple hours. Team leaders had registered for many cities and all you had to do was sign up (50 photographers to a group - it's not like we want to look like we're taking over the city). The team leaders chose a time and a meeting place, and photographers show up and go off to shoot. You can work alone or with friends or with strangers (aka new friends). How cool would it be to dedicate a couple hours to making photographs knowing that all over the world, other photographers are doing the same thing? Turns out that I wasn't the only one who thought it was cool, as over 30,000 of us registered globally.

My team leader chose 8:30 this morning at Kiener Plaza downtown. I picked up my buddy Ryan and off we went. By 8:40, we were wandering around shooting, and on the lookout for zombies (one of the safety warnings given by our leader). No zombies, but lots and lots of images. I have to pick two to submit to the Photowalk site. There's a competition, but I don't care so much about that as just being one of the photographers who participated.

I'm still debating which two to submit, so maybe ya'all can help me out. If you see anything that strikes your fancy, please let me know. It's hard to objectively edit your own work, so I really would appreciate some feedback. (And no, Mother, I can't submit pictures of Zoe. She was not part of the Worldwide Photowalk and no one would find her nearly as adorable as you and the other grandparents anyway.)

I suppose I'll start with my color images here, and put the black and whites up under a separate post. Just because I think the color shots have a completely different feel than the black and whites.

Can I just say that a day where a.) my husband finally returns from out of town after his flight gets canceled, b.) I get to shoot for hours in the morning, c.) I make more great images in the afternoon of my favorite subject (the daughter), d.) I get a chocolate milk shake after dinner, and e.) I don't touch a single textbook or log into any on-line learning site is absolutely fantastic?

A girl could really get used to a life like this.

(Special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for the last-minute babysitting that allowed me to go on my Photowalk. M and I both appreciate it!)





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go with red carton, blue rail for the color shots. But only because they're primary! :-)

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the train one, nice job!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home