Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yet another Photowalk shot (blame the Mac)

Here's another image from the Photowalk. I'd love to put up a new Zozer shot from today, but my (old, decrepit) computer is deciding to take its sweet time emptying my card. I've started dropping hints to M about needing a new machine, as mine is now 7 or 8 years old and is tending to run like it's full of molasses more often than not. One gets tired of inserting one's card into the card reader, directing the computer where to put the files, and then making, eating, cleaning up dinner only to find the computer is a third of the way through the transfer. Of 100 images. Yes, I realize they are giganto mombo files from my kick-ass D300, but this is getting ridiculous.

Tonight, after we wrapped up studying for the law final, I turned to a little Photoshop therapy to finish my day. That's when I started mentally cursing myself for not starting the card dump before dinner. Because we're at 10:30 p.m. now and I don't relish the idea of staying up to all hours waiting for this damn thing to finish.

By this point, I'm defeating the purpose of having a digital darkroom to save time (traditional darkrooms take time to set up and break down because of all the chemicals). By the time this thing gets done I could have processed a roll of T-Max on my own and started printing. Grrrrr.

Let's check progress....ahhh, 111 of 157 images. Perfect. Should be wrapped up in time for me to leave for work tomorrow.

I am not a very patient girl. Maybe my masters graduation present to myself will be a new computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home