Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Because it's fun.

Tomorrow night is our church picnic. Mike and his dad are planning to ride the Rock-o-Plane, otherwise known as the Eggroll. I prefer to call it The Spinning Wheel of Death. We hit the picnic at Mary Magdalene on Saturday, simply so they could ride the Rock-o-Plane there. Mike didn't take his Dramamine in enough time, so of course he felt queasy afterwards. It wasn't a replay of the Top Gun episode at King's Island a few years ago (thank God), but it was touch and go there for awhile. Although if you ask him about that he'll proudly tell you, "Hey, it was a clean hurl!"

I asked him, "Why do you ride these things when you know you're going to get sick?" He replied, "Because it's fun." He's a big kid, and I hope he always stays that way. Here's a shot of him and Dad before the ride, when he was feelin' fine and ready for some barf-inducing fun.





And here's a shot of Zoe, questioning why her Daddy likes to abuse himself.


I finally got around to photographing Zoe in her bath last night, but I don't have the images dumped into the Mac yet. Was glad I was using the zoom, because I'm pretty sure that bubbly water doesn't go well with a digital SLR. Daddy took over washing her while I made images, so I've got some with him, too, which is good because people at work have been asking me for pictures of my husband. I just show them our wedding picture, which is pretty true to life since he hasn't changed much in the 8 1/2 years we've been married. He still actually gets carded. I should be so lucky. I didn't get carded when I was 21!

We remembered to run the dishwasher last night, so we're feeling like Parents of the Year again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home