Thursday, September 25, 2014

The calm before...


Serving on a retreat team this weekend and I have a few moments to be still and reflect before our guests arrive. My form of reflection is to write.

Things I've done today:
  • Took the Corvette to work for a student-run car show. 
  • Wiped down the Corvette and earned a badge of honor: big smudge of brake dust above the right knee. Yeah!
  • Ate a doughnut.
  • Ate a cookie.
  • Ate strawberry shortcake.
  • Ate a pizzole.
  • Played garage hokey-pokey due to the fact that none of our three garage doors is operational right now. So to put the Corvette away I had to pull in, get out, get in my car and open the main bay, walk through the main bay to the Corvette bay, open that door, get back in the Corvette and pull it in, close the Corvette bay door, go out the main bay door, get in my car and close the main bay door. This strikes me as completely hilarious as anyone who may have been watching probably wondered why I was making things so difficult.
  • Sang. Many songs. None of them well.
  • Carried Jesus. This was easier than is sounds because she's not very heavy.
  • Sorted letters. Sorted more letters. Then, just when I thought I was done sorting letters, I sorted a few more.
  • Changed my shirt four times.
  • Laid out my nun outfit. Just to be ready.
  • Gave and received hugs.
  • Made the picture above.
  • Made last-minute arrangements for my awesome MIL to be at my house tomorrow so the delivery guys can pick up the mattress I've been trying to return for six months. I love that they gave me less than 24 hours notice. Thanks, assholes.
  • Lent my monk belt to The Blessed Virgin. Along with a couple barrettes for her veil.
  • Put batteries in two dozen penlights.
  • Danced to Michael Jackon's Thriller.
  • Laughed and laughed and laughed.
It was a good day. And it's about to get even better.

Bring on the retreatants!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home