Thursday, May 08, 2014

Making Monday a Monday

I'm having issues this week. Mostly work-related (idiot bullies) but some personal (death...and swollen gums). Today I learned that one of my favorite colleagues is resigning. (Insert boring work-related crap here. Redacted for your reading pleasure.)

Since this entire week has pretty much maxed out on suckitude, I'm hoping that I can make next week better by confining all suckiness to one day: Monday.

On Monday, I have a meeting scheduled that I am thoroughly dreading. It will be nothing short of a shit-storm and will invariably end up with me either screaming or crying, and quite possibly both. (More redacted work crap.)

That's 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.

From there I head to the funeral of my best friend's father. Funerals suck. There's just no way around that. I can't even try to make it funny, because when someone tries to bring the funny to a funeral it just gets awkward. I take that back: kids can be funny (unintentionally) at funerals. 40-year-olds...not so much.

That's 9:30 a.m. until sometime after lunch.

Then, at 2:45 p.m. I get a mammogram. (Nothing to worry about...just the preventive health thing.)

So, to recap: Monday consists of a meeting from hell, a funeral, and boob smashage.

Here's to Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home