Thursday, September 26, 2013

monk

271:365

Even though I have been there over a year, I still can't believe I am there. Talk about the grace of God.

I still love seeing monks hurrying across campus. I like that I can identify each one now, and that I know much about most of them. It just makes me feel better. They remind me that there is a higher power, and that I don't have to do everything by myself.

Plus it's nice to know that they are praying for me (and you) every single day. Six times a day, as a matter of fact.

I love the monks. All of them. Even the ones that show their faults and foibles. Maybe them the most, because they remind me that even the most saintly among us are still innately human, struggling with their weaknesses just like me.

I am so tired from the work load, and yet, I am so grateful and happy to be there. Even with the hours, I'm still receiving far more from this place than I'm giving. Or could ever give.

How do you repay peace and grace?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home