Tuesday, August 06, 2013

foiled

220:365

I'm nearly finished foiling my pieces. Next step is to solder. We have a session Saturday, and Brother Francis (our stained glass teacher) says that by the end I'll be able to hold it up and see light through it for the first time. This is pretty exciting.

I fully understand now why stained glass art is so expensive. The materials are one thing...but it's the sheer amount of time that ratchets up the cost. I've loved every minute of it, but holy cow.

There's also an art to it, I mean, beyond the obvious art itself. One small mistake early manifests itself in many ways again and again down the line. But it's amazing to feel this incredible sense of ownership over the piece. Because I have touched every piece of glass, over and over again, it is MINE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home