Tuesday, June 25, 2013

champs

178:365

I got my girl back from camp today. She had an awesome time.

Her softball team kicked butt in their last game tonight, clinching the season championship 25-17. Zoe had hits in all four of her at bats. I set the lineup today, and I placed her in the number one spot since she's a consistent hitter. The team was missing their "magic bat" as it was mistakenly left in an absent father's car. I grabbed a pink bat from Coach's bag and handed it to her. "Zo, this is your new magic bat. Go out there and get it started, sister." She hit a double, and when her teammate drove her home she crossed home plate and ran to me, beaming. "I did it, Mama! I did exactly what you told me to!"

We had the whole team - 13 girls, their parents and siblings - over for a celebratory pizza dinner afterwards.

So, yeah, it was a pretty awesome day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home