Tuesday, December 11, 2012

hidden

345:365

Sorry for the lateness. This is the first moment all night that I've stopped to do something for me. All in all quite a productive day, considering that several hours were spent waiting (and praying) for Papa to come through his knee surgery. He did! Now he has two bionic knees and hopefully will be pain free and more mobile once the healing is done.

This was spotted out the window of the waiting room. I liked the natural monochrome, and how you have to really look for the table and chairs to see them. They are hidden.

Sometimes I think I would like to be a little more hidden. A little less exposed. (Yes, I realize the irony of writing about this on a blog anyone can access. I'm an enigma wrapped in a riddle.) Sometimes I long for a boring, quiet, unpopular life. Or at least a day or two like that.

It is not to be. At least not until sometime in 2013 at the earliest.

One of my tasks tonight was laundry. I sorted, washed, dried and folded. Then I gave up. There is no room in this house any more. We are maxed out. Clean clothes for all three of us are now neatly folded and stacked on every possible horizontal surface in the two bedrooms and the office. I concede. You win, little house. I won't even try to maintain order any more. I shall just wait for The Move, and will experience with fresh joy the feeling of actually putting our belongings away. It will feel delicious. Like...hiding them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home