Thursday, March 01, 2012

track

61:365

I took advantage of the gorgeous weather tonight and strolled around the track at the school next to the house. A recovering Zozer accompanied me for one lap on her bicycle, before going inside and falling asleep on the couch.

It was nice to move, after a few days of being chained to a desk. It was good to be outside.

Met with a general contractor today, and another one is lined up for tomorrow. We are honing in on a final cost, and working heavily with the budget. This is my least favorite part of the process; I find it excruciatingly boring and wind up grouchy and impatient within minutes of starting. While I understand perfectly the reasoning behind doing it, I'd prefer that M just crunch numbers and give me some options rather than dragging me kicking and screaming through every iota of his thought process. Let's just say the engineer and the non-engineer have very different ways of approaching things, and non-engineers quickly view engineers as pedantic. It's a good thing he's cute and makes me laugh.

In return, I will grant that my husband most likely views his wife as exceedingly disengaged and naive, and frustratingly over-attached to roman brick.

All in all though, I am sure that we are on the right track, and I'm glad we are on it together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home