Friday, May 06, 2011

In keeping with today's theme...

I'm editing a scientific white paper for my company this afternoon.  It was first written in French, and then very poorly translated to English.  It concerns a study done on poultry (broiler chickens to be precise) to determine vaccination efficacy.  I get to do this all the time...I know, I know, ya'all are so jealous of my insanely cool job.

Anyway, one of the first things I do when receiving a document of this sort is to change, in Word, the official language of the document from French to English.  If I don't do this, Word puts all sorts of angry, red squiggly lines under words that I damn well know are spelled correctly.  It's been doing this over and over today for the word "farm."  Just out of curiosity, I right clicked on one of the "farms" to see what alternate Word recommends.

Apparently "fart" is a legitimate word in French.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we get an update on that laundry detergent? Curious to see if it worked...

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home