Monday, April 25, 2011

Zoe's Big Night

After weeks of doing her chores and saving her money, and some generous donations by loved ones, Zoe had enough to buy her Build-A-Bear. We went tonight. She was so excited that we couldn't help but be excited for her. I'm also so damn proud I could cry. For the $18 bunny, she had worked for about $11. While this might not seem like a lot, keep in mind that she got there five and ten cents at a time. Sundays are special as she earns a quarter for emptying trash cans. She was laser focused on her goal, too, looking at things at Target frequently and saying, "No, I won't get that. I'm saving for my Build-A-Bear!"
She selected a pink bunny, and instructed the stuffer that she wanted it "squishy." She typed in her name, and her bunny's name, Strawberries, for the birth certificate. She was just beaming the whole time.
After, she wanted to look around at clothes and accessories. She has some new savings goals in mind, having found some things she likes. First up? Party underwear, of course!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what Hoot is thinking ..."Holy S!#@! How is that for love. I love Zoe for all these years and the thanks I get ... accompanying her to pick out a new friend ... and besides that a PINK bunny. Is there any justice?"
Uncle Steven

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home