Monday, January 03, 2011

2011

Well, here we go.  2011.  A new year.  A new outlook?

Nah.

I don't have any big resolutions. I don't have any huge "Things I Want To Do in 2011" lists.  Because those things never, ever work out.  They are like the to-do lists I create for work.  I come in with a defined set of tasks to tackle and walk out at the end of the day with maybe one crossed off.  And despite being incredibly productive I feel like the day has been blown to hell because I didn't get to The List.

I had one rather large thing on my 2010 list that I did accomplish, and that was the sprint triathlon.  But other things that I wanted to do fell by the wayside.  However, I don't want to get hung up on the fact that I didn't try a certain local restaurant (that has since closed) because I had so many other great things happen instead.  The to-do list was scrapped in favor of far better things.  I'd rather go to Estes Park than the restaurant that closed.  I'd rather eat in the Corvette Cafe the day we picked up our new car.  I'd rather try what is billed as The World's Best Clam Chowder at The Black Pearl in Newport.  (I do think it is The World's Best, by the way.  It was yummy.)

2010 taught me to be open to possibility, and, to quote Jen Lemen, to know that the universe is unfolding exactly as it should.  This is particularly imperative in my career right now...more on that later.  If I feel like it.

Sure, I'll try to cram in more photography (as always).  I'll try to cut down on my f*cking expletive use (but don't hold me to to it, damn it).  I've given up on any semblance of weight loss and instead want just to be (and feel) healthy.  If I can complete a sprint triathlon, I figure I'm doing fine.  I won't hold myself to fitting into a certain jean size because that's just frustratingly ridiculous.

In other words, I have no specific goals in mind for this year.

However.

I do rather like this idea:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home