Monday, November 15, 2010

Fluser

Wouldn't it be lovely if I could sit here and tap out everything I accomplished this weekend?  Feel full and fat and proud of myself?  Yeah.  That would be great.

Instead, what I accomplished was remaining upright half the time, cleaning up Zoe's barf twice, and managing to get a bit of laundry done so M didn't have to recycle underwear for his trip this week.

Sigh.

The Great Stomach Flu of Fall 2010 hit the girls of the Z house this weekend.

At some point I will be able to laugh at the absurdity of it.  About how M took the "I'll comfort the daughter" route while I scrambled to clean vomit off our bed despite the fact that I was doubled over in pain and barely keeping it together myself.  Seriously, M.  You have a kid.  You have a wife.  At some point you have got to get over this fear-of-bodily-fluids thing.

Okay, so maybe it's a weensy bit funny already, despite the fact that I'm still hunched over and wondering what the hell is wrong with my gut.  He's really very sweet in his helplessness.  He makes up for it being ultra-caring in every non-vomit regard.  Last night he was a proper nursemaid, making sure we were each tucked in to our blankets on our couches, queuing up A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on the DVD player, and switching out Zoe's cool wash cloth.

Zoe is being nursed by her grandmother today, and I am buckled over my keyboard trying to get some work done from home.  Didn't think it fair to inflict abdominal pain on my beloved colleagues.  M left this morning for a week in Rhode Island, and I think he was relieved to jet out of Sickville.  I don't blame him.  Would leave myself if I could.

In the meantime, I'll weigh the pros and cons of trying to eat something.  Pro: get rid of headache.  Con: bring on another bout of cramping pain.  Eventually the headache wins out, and I know this, so I should just go try to eat something bland.

Meanwhile, the enormous weight of my to-do list bears down.  I'm beginning to relate to ol' Charlie Brown.  Good grief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home