Monday, September 13, 2010

Was there daylight today?

I am tired. Flat out tanked. As M says, "put a fork in me, I'm done."

I didn't realize until I was washing my face before bed tonight that I didn't step foot outside today. None of us did, except for the smokers who crowded on a tiny terrace during our ten-minute breaks. And you can't really call that getting fresh air, can you?

I had a couple hours to wander around old Newport with my camera yesterday. Been a long time since I've done that. It was wonderful and I think I captured some great images. I went off the touristy main street filled with shops selling scarves for $350 and the women who can afford to buy them. I went up the side streets, where people live and play. That's where the true heart and soul of a community is. Wonderful things, and sights that my traveling companions didn't get to see. It's like a little secret between me, Newport, and my camera. Well, and you once I get home and process the images.

But for now, my bed calls. Tomorrow is another busy day, but I'm signed up for the afternoon activity that involves a walking tour near the Breakers and through some old mansions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home