Thursday, September 02, 2010

I'm a complete wreck today

I'm not sure what the hell is going on right now, but let me give you a little peek into things currently on my mind:
  • I developed, seemingly overnight, a massive head cold that is making me both miserable and tired. I am a Quil junkie...DayQuil, NyQuil. Anything with Quil at the end of its name is keeping me going right now.
  • I have a rash on the inside of my right elbow. I have no idea what it is or where it came from, but it's red and puffy and itchy. And every once in awhile, it stings like a mother. The hydrocortizone cream is hanging out with the Quils in my bag. I'm starting to feel like an old lady with the portable medicine cabinet.
  • I got a filling this morning. Because several weeks ago at my dentist check-up I thought that yeah, first thing in the morning is perfect and sure, I'll be fine by the company lunch scheduled for noon that day. I feel like an idiot and am talking like Sylvester the Cat.
  • A hurricane named Earl is targeting M. Or, rather, was targeting M. He called last night (M, not Earl) to let me know that the Weather Service's ever-changing trajectory predictions for Earl was moving it too close for comfort up there in Rhode Island. He's coming home tonight instead of tomorrow night, if everything goes as planned. Fingers crossed.
So, just to sum up, I'm exhausted, snotty, itchy, and half my face is numb. I suspect I may be drooling.

The good news is that it has stopped raining and my dentist assured me I should be back to normal by lunch. My colleagues may have to wake me up at my desk to push me out the door, but at least I should be able to eat without making a complete ass of myself.

Is it Friday yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home