Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I.P. Freely

Isn't there some old joke about a man named I.P. Freely? I know there is one...I just can't remember it.

Anyway, that was Zoe's name last night.

When I picked her up from school, she was all over the place doing the pee-pee dance (I know you all know what that is). She had to do the pee-pee dance because she hadn't pee'd all day. I made the mistake of offering to let her use the potty before going home (instead of making her use the potty before going home), she declined, and then "leaked" in her car seat.

"Mommy. I leaked."
"Yeah, I bet you did."

Complete soakage. M had to pull the entire carseat out and dismantle it to get the cover off so I could wash it. We plopped her in the tub and gave her a bath, then a fresh pair of undies and jammies while M made dinner.

Then, 20 minutes later, she leaked at the top of the basement stairs, as I was down there putting in the first load of pee-pee laundry.

And by leak, I mean flood, people.

Second clean-up of the night, lots of hugs and kisses and "It's okay to have an accident. How about next time we try to sit on the potty when we need to go, okay?" encouragement.

Talked to her teachers at school this morning. Should she hold it for an entire day, again, we will not leave school until she goes. Preferably in the potty. Which means I will be there until 6 p.m. when the school closes and I'm forced to strap a bloated, wriggling child into the back of my car again (this time with towels!). Should she make it home (I doubt it), and even if she doesn't (because she'll still have a lot in there from holding it all day, just as she did yesterday), she'll sit on the potty until she goes. No more Mr. Nice Mommy. She'll have two choices:
  1. Pee on the potty and then go play or read or do whatever you want.
  2. Stay sitting on the potty all night. Screaming. Whereas I will close the bathroom door and then stick my head under a pillow to drown out the cries.

Let's everyone hope she pees today at school. If for the simple reason that I don't want the girl to develop a bladder infection on top of everything else.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a suggestion....I had leakage problems with one of my kiddo's and we used plastic pants outside of the "big boy pants"...he hated how they felt when he leaked and that encouraged him to use the potty...

1:24 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ah, yes. The dreaded plastic training pants. We do have those, from a failed attempt at potty training last year. Might be time to bust 'em out again. They did nothing last time, and we all (M, her teachers, and I) got tired of having an extra mess to clean up when she couldn't have cared less so we switched back to diapers just for the ease. This kid is a hard nut to crack, I tell ya!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home