Sunday, June 15, 2008

If a million trees fall in my yard...

The pin oaks in our front yard went to town last fall with producing acorns. There were a freakin' ton out there. M picked up a lot, but there was only one of him and about a gajillion squirrels burying them faster than he could collect them. He fought a good fight, but in the end, the squirrels (and the acorns) won.

That set up, combined with all the rain this spring, means we have a veritable tree farm in our front yard. Each week thousands of little teeny tiny trees sprout up from the lawn. For reasons I don't remember (probably rain, rain and more rain), M went about a week and a half between lawn mows. He normally mows every weekend.

Which means the trees had a chance to grow. Really, really grow.

One morning we made plans for him to mow the lawn right after work. That day, as I was pulling out to go to work myself, I saw how the morning light played across those colorful little leaves. I figured he was gonna fell all those leaves that night, so I stopped the car, got out and grabbed a few shots.

Glad I did, because he mowed as planned, and by that evening the lawn was back to looking like a golf course again. Of course, I called him Paul Bunyon for a couple days...

P.S. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.
P.P.S. Happy Birthday to Steve and Shawn.
P.P.P.S. Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad Z.
P.P.P.P.S OMG could we have had any more things to celebrate this weekend?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home