Friday, May 16, 2008

Saved by the carnival

The other night as M and I sat diligently studying at our dining table, we heard a low, distant rumble. Gradually, steadily, it got closer and closer. Finally, we saw the source as it drove past our window.
The giant trucks that bring the carnival to our church every year have arrived!

We commented on how early they were as they went by, and then promptly forgot about them.

Today, all day, I've been looking for something to photograph. Nuthin'. Bupkis. Nada. I was definitely coming up short. Ugh.

After work I drove directly to the paper recycler up at church to drop off a few boxes of my office discards (it's amazing how little goes in my actual office wastebasket now that I have a dedicated paper recycling box tucked under my desk), and then I saw them. Three big trucks parked in the lower lot carrying brightly colored, shiny carnival rides.

Ding ding ding! We have photographic material!

I was in a hurry so I took only a few minutes to make some images, one of which you see above. It's not great, but I'll take it for today.

Many apologies on the blown clouds in the upper right corner. The original is a much better exposure, but when I "save for web" to post here I lose a lot in the RGB/JPG conversion. Normally I'll go in and tinker for a bit to get it back up to par, but tonight, dang it, I'm just too tired.

I figure I'm lucky to have gotten an image up at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home